Grace UMC hosts a number of programs on Thursday evenings to support, encourage, and offer fellowship to those in our community affected by alcohol and substance use disorder. We invite anyone whose lives are affected in any way by drugs or alcohol, or who want to be part of an amazing experience of hope and love, to join us on Thursday evenings at 5:45 PM. A meal is offered free of charge for all attendees, child care is offered after the meal, and several different programs are available to you depending on your needs:
- A Better Life – Brianna’s Hope– a faith-based, participant-driven, compassion-filled support group for anyone suffering from alcohol or substance abuse disorder, along with anyone wishing to take part and fellowship together.
- Kids Hope– a group, led by counselors, for children ages 4-12 with family members that have substance use disorders. The group focuses on teaching children the skills they need to help them cope with their feelings while learning alternative behaviors to avoid substance use in the future.
- Family Hope– a support group for friends and family members who have loved ones with substance use disorders.
- Teen Hope– We are a group for teens struggling with substance use, mental health concerns, family members with substance use & mental health issues, and also any teen needing extra support in their life. Teen hope meets once a week, focusing on social skills, coping mechanisms, healthy relationships, recovery support, positive peer friendships, and let's not forget fun activities that assist in building those relationships and showing us that connecting with other people and having a good time is good for us & we deserve it!
- Childcare for all children under age 4 is provided each week in our nursery.
You can follow Grace Recovery on Facebook.